Alright guys, what might be the most surprisingly good press conference of E3 is over so let’s talk about it.
- The best opening of this year’s press conferences so far have been taken by Ubisoft. Put Miyamoto on stage. Show gameplay Mario+Rabbids and make everyone have a change of heart about the concept and the game after seeing the actual game. Definitely the biggest surprise for me so far.
- A segment on Assassin’s Creed Origins which looks good. Definitely an upgrade from previous games.
- Reveal of The Crew 2. Cars! Boats! Planes! Looks interesting.
- A trailer for South Park: The Fractured But Whole which is laugh out loud funny and definitely a must get for fans.
- A cinematic trailer for a new VR game called Transference which has an interesting concept.
- Skull & Bones. A new IP with Black Flag’s naval combat. Damn it, Ubisoft! Just take my money already!
- Just Dance 2018. I got nothing.
- A reveal trailer for a mobile game called South Park: Phone Destroyer. Seems to be a type of card game. Definitely going to check it out when it comes to mobile devices.
- Reveal trailer for Starlink: Battle for Atlas which is a sci-fi spaceship action game where you can customize a real life toy spaceship and use it in the game. Toys to life comeback? We shall see.
- Steep expansion is coming so… yeah.
- (Picks up face from floor) Yeah, Far Cry 5 trailer was amazing. Deal with it.
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 cinematic trailer. (Mic drop)
A great opening and a surprise closer helps Ubisoft have a surprisingly good conference. While the middle still sagged from time to time, the mix of surprises and expected franchises with impressive trailers makes for a very good conference. Still better than the EA and Bethesda press conferences.