Sorry for the delay, so let’s start with the bullet points for the Bethesda press conference for this year.
- Bethesda started the conference with trailers for both Doom VFR and Fallout 4 VR. Both look fun to play but I’m not sure how Doom will work in VR as a full game experience but we shall see.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind expansion pack trailer… the expansion came out last week… why show a trailer during the press conference? Who knows.
- Announcement of Creation Club which seems to be a new way to create and play mods.
- Elder Scrolls Legends update trailer. It has the Skyrim music. 10/10.
- Short trailer for Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch… where you can play as Link in the world of Elder Scrolls because f@ck your logic.
- A standalone expansion to Dishonored 2 where you play a different story with different protagonists. Looks cool, if a bit lacking in details right now.
- Quake Champions trailer. Reveal of BJ from the Wolfenstein series as a playable character. Still vague on details about launch.
- The Evil Within 2 reveal trailer which was weird as sh!t and I had no idea what happened … so yeah.
- Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus reveal trailer. While I still haven’t played the first one, this trailer definitely picked my interest in the series.
In summary, the Bethesda press conference was disappointing. No new IP. Too much focus on already released games. The press conference was a video that lasted 98 percent of the conference. I’m not sure why they didn’t go the Nintendo Direct route and just release the video on the internet without presenting in a livestream. Definitely the most disappointing press conference so far. Agree? Disagree? Comment below and let me know.